BOLLYWOOD: Akshay planning to remake special 26; wants to play negative roles!

He has done action, comedy and
thriller and now actor-producer Akshay Kumar
is interested in exploring roles with shades of
grey, something that he has done in the past.
"I will keep on doing scripts that I like. When
I did 'Khakee', it was earlier given to Paresh
Rawal. When Rajkumar Santoshi approached
me, I really liked the role. I really liked the
character. So if I like the role, I would like to
do it. I admire villain roles. I would love to
play a villain," Akshay told reporters here
Tuesday. He was celebrating the success of his
recent release 'Special 26', which sees him as
a conman.
When asked whether negative roles would
affect his image, he said: "It's just a film and I
have played villain three times earlier." The
actor had played a negative role in 'Ajnabee'
and even got nominated for Filmfare in the
negative role.
The 45-year-old is one of the blockbuster
stars who is churning out big hits like 'Rowdy
Rathore' and 'Housefull 2'. Another thing on
his wish list is regional cinema. "Regional
films are doing well and I am producing a
Marathi and a Punjabi film as well. If I get
some good subject, then I will work in it as
well," said Akshay who produces films under
Hari Om Productions as well as Grazing Goat
Productions, which he co-owns with Ashvini
Yardi.
He also said that the he is interested in remaking special 26 in regional cinema after the success of special 26 at the box office! Special 26 has collected nearly 33 crores at the box office!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...